Hi All,

I am trying to add a GPU as PCI device in full system. The kernel expects
the shadowed ROM for vga devices to be at 0xc0000, and would attempt to
read the ROM from there. However, we start mapping the memory range from
address 0x0, and that would result in any accesses to vga ROM to go through
the memory and not the device itself.

As a workaround, we can check for this particular address range before
dispatching the incoming request and send it to pio instead of memory.
However, this would be more of a hack, and would not solve the issue for
KVM cpu.

I was wondering if anyone faced similar issues, or have any feedback on how
to properly handle this. Looking at how this is handled in real systems, is
seems like DRAM is often not mapped starting from address 0x0. Other than
simplicity, is there any particular reason for mapping DRAM starting from
address zero?

Best,
--
Pouya Fotouhi