Hi folks! I'm thinking of ways to verify some code I have to checkpoint the
ARM fast models, and it would be very handy to have a small test program,
perhaps that would run as the ARM bootloader as a way to inject it, which
would set all the various registers that end up in the checkpoint (if they
exist in that CPU) to something known, and then run the gem5 checkpoint
instruction. Setting the control state might be pretty complicated, so just
ints and the vector/neon regs would be a great start.

Even better would be if the program could verify its state afterwards so
that you could resume from the checkpoint it wrote and verify that the
state survived the transition.

I'll likely attempt to write such a program at some point here, but I don't
have any aarch64 assembly experience and so it will probably be pretty slow
going. If any ARM assembly ninjas want to give it a shot in the mean time,
please let me know!

Gabe