Hi folks. I just uploaded a series (mostly small) patches which revamp the
m5 utility as described in a design document I sent out a while ago. I've
done some very preliminary sanity testing, but a lot more testing
can/should be done to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

One thing in particular that still needs to be done is to expand the java
and lua wrappers so that they can call the different backends for the m5
ops (instruction, address, and semihosting). That can be done in the future
since I *suspect* those wrappers aren't used very much. If we provide them
though, we should try to make sure they work.

https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/27246/1

Gabe