I'll happily take arch-mips and arch-power.
I was hoping that the author of the power64 fork would merge that work upstream and take over arch-power, but it looks like there is no activity on that project.  At the same time, Power is becoming the dominant architecture here in my group, so it is pretty much guaranteed that the amount of time we will be devoting to it, is only going to increase.

-----"Jason Lowe-Power via gem5-dev" <gem5-dev@gem5.org> wrote: -----
To: "gem5 Developer List" <gem5-dev@gem5.org>
From: "Jason Lowe-Power via gem5-dev" <gem5-dev@gem5.org>
Date: 10/16/2020 06:27PM
Cc: "Jason Lowe-Power" <ja...@lowepower.com>
Subject: [gem5-dev] A call for maintainers

Hi everyone!

As you all are aware, we're pushing to increase the stability of gem5. However, at the same time, we're seeing a significant increase in the rate of gem5 changes. Between gem5-20.0 and gem5-20.1 we had over 650 commits! And, that doesn't count the many changes on gerrit that never got reviewed :(.

We need help reviewing! One of the steps we're taking to help with this is to assign specific maintainers to review every patch (automatically).

There is a change on gerrit to do this: https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/34737 Please let us know if there are any comments.

In that commit is a new file which specifies the maintainers in a machine-readable format. Now, for the ask: We're looking for volunteers for all of the components that are missing maintainers! Being a maintainer comes with the responsibility of reviewing patches in a timely fashion, but it also means that you can influence the changes in gem5!

Specifically, if you would like to become the maintainer for any of the following sub-components, simply reply to this email! Additionally, if you have suggestions for other ways to break down these components, feel free to comment on the changeset linked above.

- arch-mips
- arch-power
- base
- cpu