Dear all,

We hope to soon create the staging branch for the gem5 21.0 release soon,
with the goal of releasing in early March. However, we will not do so until
the following items are fully reviewed, and incorporated into the gem5
develop branch.

* Changes to the Ruby memory system:
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/31416

* Updates necessary for RISC-V full-system simulation:
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/41033

* The Python Stats/ JSON output:
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/41514

As these are currently blocking our release, we will be focusing on them
over the next few days.

If anyone has a good case for their patchsets (currently under review or to
be submitted ASAP) to be incorporated into gem5 21.0, then please get in
touch so we can be made aware and push for their inclusion.

Kind regards,
Bobby
--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce