That said, the first would avoid adding another register file while that
would still mean plumbing new interfaces all over the place for all the
ThreadContext and ExecContexts, etc. Once all that code is generic and you
can add or remove register files willy-nilly, it might make sense to switch
to the second option.

Gabe