Seems like a good idea to me! I like the idea of having more feature
branches for long-lived relation chains.

Given the timing, it seems like it would be a good idea to hold off
integrating this until gem5 22.0. If we have a branch we can test for a
while, it will be less likely to break our users use cases.

Cheers,
Jason