Yeah, I can't count apparently. I happened to be on column 37 I think.

nathan binkert wrote:
Yes.  'type' is reserved.  You can't use it.

If by line 37 of params.py, you really mean line 409, I'm fine with that.

  Nate

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Gabe Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I figured out both of these problems shortly after writing this email. I
hate it when I do that too. I have two "type" fields in X86E820Entry, one
for the metaclass, one for the class class. I'm supposing I have to rename
the class class one? Also, line 37 of params.py should go away. The Addr
type used to be defined in arch/isa_traits.hh, but fairly far back it was
moved to sim/hosts.hh which is always being included. I can make a patch for
that but I wanted to pass it by at least Nate first.

Gabe

Gabe Black wrote:
  I'm trying to make a SimObject to represent e820 entries so they can be
manipulated by python, but for some reason it's not making a create method.
My python class looks like this:


class X86E820Entry(SimObject):
  type = 'X86E820Entry'
  cxx_namespace = 'X86ISA'
  cxx_class = 'E820Entry'

  addr = Param.Addr(0, 'address of the beginning of the region')
  size = Param.MemorySize('0B', 'size of the region')
  type = Param.UInt64('type of the region')


and the params header file it's generating looks like this:

#ifndef __PARAMS__X86E820Entry
#define __PARAMS__X86E820Entry

#include "arch/isa_traits.hh"
#include "sim/host.hh"
namespace X86ISA { class E820Entry; }

#include "params/SimObject.hh"

struct X86E820EntryParams : public SimObjectParams
{
  Addr addr;
  uint64_t size;
  uint64_t type;
};

#endif


This looks basically the same as a corresponding E820Table class, except
that one works. Also, I'm not sure why specifically it's there, but I don't
think the #include "arch/isa_traits.hh" is necessary in this case. That's
probably not a big deal other than lengthening compiles and an outside
chance of introducing circular includes.

Gabe
_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev
_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev


_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev

_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev

Reply via email to