I just noticed that this was in reply to that earlier email. Basically,
I've got one laptop and an ok but not spectacular internet connection
which will get substantially worse tomorrow and then non-existant a
couple days after that, so it would be a big pain for me to try to get
two different states for the hypothetically uninitialized variable at
the same time. If you could just try a bunch of machines until you find
a couple that happen to do different things, hopefully they'll do those
different things a few times in a row and we can get a trace out of it.
Otherwise I'd just be surfing through a ton of code looking for a needle
in a haystack.

Gabe