> OK, so I agree that the else clause is looking superfluous and with
> the comment "probably written by ..." then it definitely has no place.
>
> So if the compiler warning is caused by writing past the out of bounds
> value then the fix would be to just delete the else clause since
> inside of the original if condition it seems that shadow sets have
> been taken care of.
Well, the problem is that if you look at the wrpgrp and rdpgpr code in
the decoder.isa, that code will generate requests that are out of
bounds if SRSCtl_PSS is ever greater than zero.  Furthermore, the code
in readReg and setReg can also generate an out of bound reference.
Look where NumIntRegs is multipled by currShadowSet.  If you get into
this part of the code and currShadowSet is nonzero, then it will also
be out of bounds.  I'm guessing that the right thing to do (in
addition to removing the else clause) in both cases is replace
NumIntRegs with NumIntArchRegs.  However, I did not write this code, I
don't know this code, and I don't have any way of testing the result.

> As for MIPS regressions, I am wondering about those myself since no
> doubt this has been tested with more than a "hello world" app and the
> work left off with MIPS close to booting Linux.
It would be wonderful if you could either hunt down some regressions
or create some.  Is there more code at MIPS that we could get?

  Nate