It's definitely a bug... it used to work.  I wonder if it has
something to do with migrating towards a more realistic paging model
for SE mode (though that happened quite a while ago---August 2007
according to hg---and if that was totally broken I'm surprised no one
noticed it yet).  I'd take a look at the Process and EioProcess
objects and see if anything looks fishy in the way the address space
mappings get set up (esp. compared to LiveProcess).