Hi Gabe,

[ I wrote this e-mail almost a month and a half ago and I just noticed
that it never got sent.  I think it is still relevant]

I've started looking at your patch and in particular some of the
translation code in the TimingSimpleCPU.  I have a couple of comments.

1) You call dcachePort.peerBlockSize() every time you enter this
function.  That call is probably actually something that you should
cache to avoid the extra virtual function call.
2) You split the translation if the address crosses blocks.  It seems
that it'd be better to check to see if the access crosses pages, not
blocks to save the extra work.

  Nate