Hi,

I would like to test atomics in ruby.

The regression tester contains a test_atomic binary in
/gem5/regression/test-progs/m5threads/bin/sparc/linux.

I try to run the tester by issuing:

build/SPARC_SE/m5.fast -d
build/SPARC_SE/tests/fast/quick/40.m5threads-test-atomic/sparc/linux/simple-atomic-mp-ruby
-re tests/run.py
build/SPARC_SE/tests/fast/quick/40.m5threads-test-atomic/sparc/linux/simple-atomic-mp-ruby

The tester reports success, but I don't think it ever calls ruby.

I tried to compile the test_atomic for alpha. I have the cross-compiler but
I don't have any libraries. The make file in
/gem5/regression/test-progs/m5threads/src points to ../pthread.c and
../pthread_defs.h ../tls_defs.h. However, I don't have any of those files.
Where are they? Do I need any alpha libraries to compile test_atomic binary?

How do I know gem5 calls ruby for  the tester. So far, I don't think it
does.

Thanks in advance.

Polina