Hi All,

I know a few people on this use the libm5_*.so and I was wondering if
you could describe the environment you have when building the .so.  In
particular, is your $PYTHONPATH, $PYTHONHOME, and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set,
and if so do they all point to the same place?  Are  any other
environment variable important?  For instance, $PATH...etc.?

I notice in August 2008, Nate pushed a changeset to embed python code
into the libm5*.so.  From what I understand, this was a necessary
addition to make the libm5*.so work, because the old trick only worked
for executables.  I'm having some difficulty figuring out exactly what
the src/Sconstruct is doing, but it seems to import and embed all
necessary m5 python modules.  The problem I'm having is this doesn't
seem to be compatible with the version of python pointed to by my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I'm wondering if the python embedding is either being
done by some other version of python that I'm unaware that environment
is pointed to, or if the python embedding works with some, but not all
builds of python 2.5.1.

Anyone have any suggestions of what to try?

Thanks,

Brad