Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems loading a double from memory during execution of
my PowerPC ISA on O3CPU. I've tracked the problem down to the endianness
conversion when the data is extracted from the packet during the call: Mem
= pkt->get<double>(); Basically, the packet contains the data 0xf8ff or
0xfff8000000000000 once endian conversion has taken place. This,
unfortunately, represents NaN and so I'm getting a value of 0 out from
this call.

One fix that I can make in the ISA decoder is to simply load floating
point values as integers, rather than doubles or floats. E.g. Fb.uq =
Mem.uq instead of Fb = Mem.df . Is this the best way to fix this problem
or am I missing something easier (or more obvious)?

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.