On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Gabe Black <gbl...@eecs.umich.edu> wrote:
> What about one way packets that don't collapse back to the sender? Do we
> have any of those? Or do we always collapse back at least with the ack?

I'm not sure what you're referring to, Gabe... are you talking about
atomic mode (that's what "collapse back" makes me think of), or
packets that don't have responses, or both?

Generally SenderState isn't used in atomic mode, since your stack
frame does just as good a job.  Also it's not useful if there's no
reply.

We should make sure that we don't assume that SenderState objects are
always dynamically allocated... I don't know if we ever statically
allocate them, but we could.  Overwriting the pointer with NULL just
to signify that we're done with it in that case seems OK to me though.

Steve