> On 2010-07-05 21:01:59, Steve Reinhardt wrote:
> > src/SConscript, line 137
> > <http://reviews.m5sim.org/r/29/diff/1/?file=625#file625line137>
> >
> >     What is srcpath used for?  I see it getting set here and then passed 
> > around a lot but I don't see it getting used.

Actually, I was going to support an override where a path was specified and the 
relative path would then be appended, but I thought that it was overkill to do 
that.  I could remove this code.  This brings up another question.  Right now, 
when you get an error message, that message uses arcname as the filename.  
arcname is basically the path that the file would be if it were in a zip 
archive, and it has no real relationship to where the file came from this seems 
to have confused people in the past.  We could instead use something like 
srcname (with the target name if there is no source file).  What do you think?


> On 2010-07-05 21:01:59, Steve Reinhardt wrote:
> > src/python/importer.py, line 64
> > <http://reviews.m5sim.org/r/29/diff/1/?file=626#file626line64>
> >
> >     I think a more descriptive/specific env var is called for... how about 
> > M5_USE_PY_SOURCE?

M5_OVERRIDE_PY_SOURCE?  I'm not sure yours really explains what's going on 
either.  I should clearly add a comment somewhere.  I could also hack this in 
as a command line option, though that'd mean doing some command line parsing in 
C++, which may not be so bad since I could just search argv for the specific 
argument.  (The argument could be parsed in C++, but it would also be a no-op 
argument in python and would get a help string as a result.)


- Nathan


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
http://reviews.m5sim.org/r/29/#review59
-----------------------------------------------------------


On 2010-07-05 17:25:00, Nathan Binkert wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> http://reviews.m5sim.org/r/29/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated 2010-07-05 17:25:00)
> 
> 
> Review request for Default.
> 
> 
> Summary
> -------
> 
> python: Add mechanism to override code compiled into the exectuable
> If the user sets the environment variable M5_OVERRIDE to True, then
> imports that would normally find python code compiled into the executable
> will instead first check in the absolute location where the code was
> found during the build of the executable.  This only works for files
> in the src (or extras) directories, not automatically generated files.
> 
> This is a developer feature!
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   src/SConscript 1b1f8f32fe86 
>   src/python/importer.py 1b1f8f32fe86 
>   src/sim/init.hh 1b1f8f32fe86 
>   src/sim/init.cc 1b1f8f32fe86 
> 
> Diff: http://reviews.m5sim.org/r/29/diff
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Nathan
> 
>

_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev

Reply via email to