> We do have the Serializable class and could track all the instances of
> that.  One question is whether there's enough overhead in SimObjects
> that we really need a lighter-weight class to support these cases.

Well, SimObjects have a Python component and must be described in at
least two files.  I think there's a fair amount of extra overhead.
One thing though is that there are certain objects like the
EthPacketData that we wouldn't want to have to get onto and off of the
global serialization list and will still want to serialize manually.
I personally would rather not make things SimObjects that nobody will
ever mess with.  Alternatively, we could differentiate a Python
exposed SimObject from a C++ only SimObject. and fold Serializable
into the latter.

Perhaps we could figure out if we (or Joel :) could somewhat quickly
implement some of the Serialization changes that we discussed.

  Nate