On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Ali Saidi <sa...@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Joel Hestness wrote:
>
>> Try simply internal.enums.timing, that should work.
>>
>> To use this, I had to also add 'import enums' to
>> src/python/m5/internal/__init__.py.  It looks like this completely fixed the
>> restore problem for the Atomic and Timing CPUs.

To get back to this original problem (which I just ran into myself,
making me pay more attention to this thread...): do we really need a
separate enums package?  It seems pretty unlikely you'll ever want the
enums without the params, and while you might be able to use some
params without the enums it'd be handy to get them both for free.

Also, assuming we want "external" scripts to use these enum values, it
might not be appropriate to have them in a package that starts with
"internal".

I see that objects/__init__.py does a "from m5.internal import
params", so object.params still works; if we just change
internal/params.py to import all the modules that start with either
param_ or enum_ and get rid of the enum package, then simulate.py (and
presumably anywhere else we might use objects.params.<enum-value>)
doesn't have to change.

Steve