I tried that and it didn't work. I remember seeing a place where wakecpu
bails if the state isn't currently idle (apparently it's not, but I
didn't actually check) and the thing that disables scheduling ticks
checks the activity count or the current state. There's the O3 specific
wakeCPU function, I think it was called, which you guys added to fetch,
but for data translations things are managed by the dyninst and the
common DataTranslation class which shouldn't be calling CPU specific
functions. I'd like to implement the change I described regardless at
some point, but the big reason I need to do it now is that I need to
move the function that finishes the translation out of the CPU
independent classes and into the CPU so it can call the CPU specific
wake up function.

Gabe