Hey Nilay,
  It looks like the tracing ("debug") functionality is now working again,
but the M5 help message is still incorrect (and extremely misleading).  For
instance, "trace-flags", and "trace-file" are still accepted, but they don't
do anything now.  They should be eliminated from the message.  We're also
missing the equivalent of "trace-start" and "trace-file".  Do you mind
cleaning that up?
  Thanks,
  Joel

PS.  I haven't followed the tracing/debugging thread closely enough, but it
seems like "trace" and "debug" should be different things (though they are
currently implemented as the same thing).  Is there a reason why we moved
over to "debug"?

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Nilay Vaish <ni...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, Korey Sewell wrote:
>
>  Is it not now "debug-help" and "debug-flags" instead of "trace-help" and
>> "trace-flags"???
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nilay Vaish <ni...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

>>> itself.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Nilay
>>>

>> --
>> - Korey
>>

> That's right, the option names have been changed. But there was some error
> in the trace facility it self that Nate corrected yesterday.
>

> Nilay

  Joel Hestness
  PhD Student, Computer Architecture
  Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas - Austin
  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~hestness