Hi
I confirm that for some benchmarks. However it is very hard to pin
point the fault. The most probable thing is the incorrect
implementation of some special instructions. For example, CFP
benhcmarks uses some special instructions a lot. So if the instruction
has not been implemented correctly, then the whole execution goes
wrong.

On 4/3/13, Jerry Backer <jback...@students.poly.edu> wrote:

> I am using the most up to date gem5 (from development repository) with
> detailed cpu-type for various cint 2006 benchmarks.
> However, the IPC for all the benchmarks are extremely low ( <= 0.1 for most
> benchmarks).
> The binaries are 32-bit statically linked and have been used with other
> simulators and presented reasonable
> ipc numbers. I also tried simulating with timing and also obtained low ipc (
> <0.01 for most benchmarks).
> I am simulating with se.py using the default configuration with caches and
> l2cache enabled for detailed cpu type.
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue ?
>

> Thanks,

Regards,