Hello,

I would like to add more ports in my CPU in order to connect it with more than
one caches.

So in the /src/cpu/BaseCpu.py I changed these lines:

icache_port = MasterPort("Instruction Port")
dcache_port = MasterPort("Data Port")
_cached_ports = ['icache_port', 'dcache_port']

icache_port = MasterPort("Instruction Port")
dcache_port = MasterPort("Data Port")

 second_icache_port = MasterPort("Instruction Port")
 second_dcache_port = MasterPort("Data Port")
 _cached_ports = ['icache_port',
'dcache_port','second_icache_port','second_dcache_port']

Now I will do the same in the BaseCache.py file where the cpu_sides are defined.

Am I right so far?

Do I need to duplicate the mem_side port as well?

And finally, in the function AddPrivateL1Caches where the connection takes
place is it enough to simply add these lines:

self.second_icache_port = ic.second_cpu_side
self.second_dcache_port = dc.second_cpu_side

Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanks,