Hi Uday,

The alarm event is used to check if any of the sockets
that gem5 is waiting on have any activity (e.g. gem5 terminal, vnc
server, ...). If you don't want to connect anything to a running process
it probably isn't necessary, and if you do you could probably come up
with an alternate solution if it's causing you a lot of trouble.

Ali

On 13.05.2013 06:25, Ranga, L Udaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone
please clarify why alarm(1) is coded in gem5/src/base/pollevent.cc (line
246)?

> In my simulation framework, this causes the simulation to
advance slightly. I need to know whether this call is essential or I can
bypass it.

> Thanks,
>
> Uday

Links: