Hi Ivan,

The patches are on the review board as of this morning (UK time).

Comments are welcome as always.

Andreas

From: Ivan Stalev via gem5-users
<gem5-users@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>>
Date: Tuesday, 19 August 2014 18:44
To: Ali Saidi <sa...@umich.edu<mailto:sa...@umich.edu>>
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] ARMv8 Client-Server configuration

Hi Ali,

Have you had the chance to look at the issue or have some suggestions as to
which source files to look at?

Thanks,

Ivan

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Ali Saidi
<sa...@umich.edu<mailto:sa...@umich.edu>> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

The kernel that you’re using and the currently gem5 don’t support pci devices
with arm64. I hope to remedy this within a week.

Thanks,
Ali

On Aug 6, 2014, at 3:42 PM, Ivan Stalev via gem5-users
<gem5-users@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to run a client-server setup using arm64. I am using the (latest)
> linaro kernel (3.16) and disk image suggested on the GEM5 downloads page.
> Simply building the kernel with defconfig (as recommended in the README) does
> not seem to setup the ethernet drivers. Running "ifconfig -a" only yields the
> loopback device/interface.
>
> I then opened up the .config (generated by defconfig) using menuconfig and
> enabled all the settings related to ethernet and re-built the kernel. After
> booting, "ifconfig -a" results in this:
>
> bond0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr CA:FB:D0:02:D0:7E
>           BROADCAST MASTER MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
>
> dummy0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:58:3E:AF:F3:41
>           BROADCAST NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
>
> lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
>           inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
>           UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
>           RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>           RX bytes:784 (784.0 B)  TX bytes:784 (784.0 B)
>
> I tried running the sample client-server rcS scripts and tried both dummy0
> and bond0, but pings did not go through. From others' posts and sample rcS
> scripts, it seems that GEM5 expects eth0.
>
> Does anyone know if client-server is supported for arm64 in GEM5, and if so,
> how to get them to communicate? I am using the latest GEM5 revision (10240).
>
> Thanks!

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782