 From: Matheus Alcântara Souza via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
<gem5-users@gem5.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:05 AM
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] How to run PARSEC within GEM5 in FS mode?

Hello,

If you want to run PARSEC 3.0, you need to crosscompile it for the ISA you
want, on your host (GCC crosscompilers are available at gem5 wiki, on Download
section). After that, copy the binaries and inputs to the image.

If PARSEC 2.1 is enough, you should take a look at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~cart/parsec_m5/.

Hi, all.

>Referring to the website http://parsec.cs.princeton.edu/parsec3-doc.htm#start
>I've downloaded PARSEC 3.0 on my real machine, X86.
>Except one of them doesn't work the other work fine.
>Now I want to run them within GEM5 in FS mode, but the files included in the
>PARSEC suite
>seem too large so that I cannot put it in the GEM5 image using the commands
>below:
>

>$sudo mount -o loop,offset=32256 disks/arm.img tempdir
>$sudo umount tempdir
>

>I found the file system space is about 2.5GB. But all the files included in
>the PARSEC are 7GB.
>How to put the whole files in the suite? Was the way I walked wrong?
>Is there some specific-version PARSEC suite for simulators like GEM5 smaller
>than normal-version suite?
>I appreciate if anyone could give me some hints.
>

>BEST
>M.Y.

Best regards,
Matheus Alcântara Souza
MSc candidate in Informatics at PUC Minas