From: Sahar Pilevar via gem5-users
<gem5-users@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>>
Date: Monday, 10 November 2014 06:52
Gem5 Developer List <gem5-...@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-...@gem5.org>>
Subject: [gem5-users] Full simulation take a long time

Hi all,
when I use this command for full simulation
./build/ARM/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py --kernel=vmlinux.aarch64.20140821
--disk-image=/home/sahar/gem5/full_system_images/arch1/disks/aarch64-ubuntu-trusty-headless.img
 --mem-size=512MB

after sahar@ubuntu:~/gem5$ m5term localhost 3456 in a new terminal , it does
not proceed any more and it remains in:
sahar@ubuntu:~/gem5$ ./build/ARM/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py
--kernel=vmlinux.aarch64.20140821
--disk-image=/home/sahar/gem5/full_system_images/arch1/disks/aarch64-ubuntu-trusty-headless.img
 --mem-size=512MB
gem5 Simulator System.  http://gem5.org
gem5 is copyrighted software; use the --copyright option for details.

gem5 compiled Nov  8 2014 07:29:04
gem5 started Nov  9 2014 12:05:34
gem5 executing on ubuntu
command line: ./build/ARM/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py
--kernel=vmlinux.aarch64.20140821
--disk-image=/home/sahar/gem5/full_system_images/arch1/disks/aarch64-ubuntu-trusty-headless.img
 --mem-size=512MB
Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
warn: DRAM device capacity (8192 Mbytes) does not match the address range
assigned (512 Mbytes)
info: kernel located at:
/home/sahar/gem5/full_system_images/arch1/disks/binaries/vmlinux.aarch64.20140821
Listening for system connection on port 5900
Listening for system connection on port 3456
      0: system.cpu.isa: ISA system set to: 0x39d2d00 0x39d2d00
0: system.remote_gdb.listener: listening for remote gdb #0 on port 7000
info: Using bootloader at address 0x10
info: Using kernel entry physical address at 0x80080000
info: Loading DTB file:
/home/sahar/gem5/full_system_images/arch1/disks/binaries/vexpress.aarch32.ll_20131205.0-gem5.1cpu.dtb
 at address 0x88000000
warn: Kernel supports generic PCI host but PCI Config offsets configured for
legacy. Set pci_cfg_gen_offsets to True
warn: Kernel supports generic PCI host but PCI IO base is set to 0. Set
pci_io_base to the start of PCI IO space
**** REAL SIMULATION ****
warn: Existing EnergyCtrl, but no enabled DVFSHandler found.
info: Entering event queue @ 0.  Starting simulation...
19229139000: system.terminal: attach terminal 0

and in new terminal I have:

sahar@ubuntu:~/gem5$ m5term localhost 3456
==== m5 slave terminal: Terminal 0 ====

Does anybody have suggestion about this problem?

Thank you,
Sahar.

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782