Hi Rahul,

On Monday 10 November 2014 09:08:46 rahul shrivastava via gem5-users wrote:
> I am following the steps mentioned in the documentation to configure
> per-core dvfs. I am trying to simulate four cores by giving the following
> command

> M5_PATH=$(pwd)/.. ./build/ARM/gem5.opt --debug-flags=DVFS,EnergyCtrl \
> --debug-file=dfvs_debug.log configs/example/fs.py
> --cpu-type=AtomicSimpleCPU \
>  -n 4 --machine-type=VExpress_EMM
> --kernel=../linux-linaro-tracking-gem5/vmlinux \
> --dtb-filename=../linux-linaro-tracking-gem5/arch/arm/boot/dts/\
> vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1-gem5_dvfs_per_core_4cpus.dts \
> --disk-image=../disks/arm-ubuntu-natty-headless.img \ --cpu-clock=\['1
> GHz','750 MHz','500 MHz'\]
>
> I am using the above dtb to configure per core dvfs and start the
> simulation.

Could you try starting this with the actual dtB file, rather than the
dtS? dtsc should help you getting this compiled.

> However, when I check /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu<1,2,3>/online, all
> the cores are offline except core0.  When I try to write '1' to
> 'online' file for any core, it throws the following error
>
> CPU1: failed to boot: -38

Yep, that happens when the kernel cannot initialise the other cores
for one reason or another.

Could you do
  cat /proc/cpuinfo
and post that, in addition to the suggestion above, please?

Thanks,
  Stephan

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782