Hi,

I have followed the following link to setup DVFS system in ARM FS
simulation.
*http://www.m5sim.org/Running_gem5#Experimenting_with_DVFS
<http://www.m5sim.org/Running_gem5#Experimenting_with_DVFS>*

One of the step cross compiles the kernel with the following compiler which
compiles for hard float machines

*arm-linux-gnueabihf.*

However, when I cross compile the kernel with the above compiler and start
the FS simulation and login from m5term, I could see that the compiler that
kernel uses is for soft float machine and not for hard float machines

*root@gem5sim:/lib# ls -l | grep -i armdrwxr-xr-x  3 root root   4096
11:14 ld-linux.so.3 -> arm-linux-gnueabi/ld-2.13.so <http://ld-2.13.so>*

I have following three questions:
1) Shouldn't we cross compile the kernel with arm-linux-gnueabi instead of
arm-linux-gnueabihf ?

2) When I cross compile my project with arm-linux-gnueabi and try to
execute the binary in gem5 FS simulation, I get segfault throwing illegal
instruction. Could you shed some light on this?

3) I am using the following options for cross compilation of my project

*-march=armv7 -mthumb -mthumb-interwork -mfpu=vfp -msoft-float*
Could you please let me know what other options could be required if
options are any issue?

Regards
Rahul