Hi Timo,

Note that even the ‘timing’ core is not representative of anything
realistic. If all you do is dependent load/store (lat_mem_rd with
thrashing) you should be ok, but in general, for any performance numbers
use minor or arm_detailed.

Concerning the low bandwidth, you are running without caches. Have a look
at m5out/config.dot.pdf or preferably m5out/config.dot.svg for an
illustration of the system. If you do not see these files, make sure you
have py-dot installed.

Andreas

On 16/07/2015 22:06, "gem5-users on behalf of Timo Schneider"
<gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org on behalf of ti...@inf.ethz.ch> wrote:

>On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 21:33 +0100, Andreas Hansson wrote:
>
>Hi Andreas,
>
>> As a general rule, never use any performance number from atomic mode.
>> Atomic mode is for fast forwarding and warming (and for anything
>> non-temporal). The only notion of time is ‘enough to not confuse the
>>OS’.
>>
>> I would recommend to re-run your experiment with a realistic timing core
>> model (e.g. minor or arm_detailed), and a realistic DRAM controller
>>(e.g.
>> DDR3_1600_x64).
>
>Thanks! That helped! I am using --cpu-type=timing
>--mem-type=DDR3_2133_x64 now and it seems to work --- I get 27.9 MB/s
>for one and 17.5 MB/s for two procs.
>
>I am surprised that it is that low, but I am sure that the total memory
>bandwidth can be configured somewhere.
>
>Regards,
>Timo

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782