Thanks for replying Andreas, Yes I am running the same workload with same
instructions.

Below are the stats that I got:-

 2Ghz

 4Ghz

sim_seconds

3.464073

 1.73349

sim_insts

38015556363

 37585527017

system.cpu0.icache.demand_miss_rate::total

0.00057

 0.000382

system.cpu0.icache.demand_misses::total

2160668

 1435056

system.cpu0.dcache.demand_miss_rate::total

0.009694

 0.00833

system.cpu0.dcache.demand_misses::total

10080210

 8412882

I am seeing a similar pattern in all cpu's cache stats.

Yes I am doing a hackish DVFS where I am changing clock speed behind the
back of the OS. From my research project point of view, I am just concerned
with the simulation times as I am doing different experiments and just the
simulation time matters for me. But I still want to reason the cache
behavior, as long as I am able to do that, I should be okay. That's why I
need some help with the reasoning as to why I am seeing the above stats?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Warm regards
Nimish Girdhar