From: gem5-users
<gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org>> on behalf of
Junaid Shuja <junaidsh...@siswa.um.edu.my<mailto:junaidsh...@siswa.um.edu.my>>
Date: Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:58
To: "gem5-users@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>"
<gem5-users@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users@gem5.org>>
Subject: [gem5-users] ARM KVM support

Hi,
The KVM support should theoretically increase the speed/performance of the
emulated system. I tried to compare ARM KVM (--arm-iset=aarch64) and ARM
(--arm-iset=arm). I used simple for loops (in millions) doing integer
instructions. But the result of both --arm-iset=aarch64 and arm were similar
with no significant performance gain. The instructions I used to emulate the
full system are,

build/ARM/gem5.fast configs/example/fs.py
--disk-image=/home/junaid/gem5/full_system_images/disks/aarch64-ubuntu-trusty-headless.img
 --machine-type=VExpress_EMM64 --arm-iset=arm

AND

build/ARM/gem5.fast configs/example/fs.py
--disk-image=/home/junaid/gem5/full_system_images/disks/aarch64-ubuntu-trusty-headless.img
 --machine-type=VExpress_EMM64 --arm-iset=aarch64

Is the ARM-KVM support still in process? Or did I miss something?

--
Junaid Shuja
WHA130039

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782