Hi everyone,

Is there any tutorial on how to use KVM with gem5, especially for X86?

I'm asking because I need to perform a lot of gem5 full system simulation runs
with detailed cpu-type and with NVMainMemory as a memory controller. Using a
regular non-KVM gem5 image, only 10M instructions with this simulation setup
takes about 15 minutes to simulate. Let alone that I need to perform 1B
instructions, I also need to perform about 90 simulation runs, each with
different configs. Imagine the time required to complete such simulations. So
I'm wondering if KVM can help in speeding up the simulation time, and if it
does, I wonder if there is a tutorial on how to set it up for gem5.

Thank you,

Ali.