For "Kernel panic - not syncing: Cannot allocate trampoline", it's probably
a an issue with the paramters you're passing to the kernel on boot. Try
with these parameters: boot_options = ['earlyprintk=ttyS0',
'console=ttyS0', 'lpj=7999923',  'root=/dev/hda']. Adding the option
"noapic" may help, too.

It could also be a problem with your FS configuration. You can find a
version that works (well, it's a little old, I'll try to update it today)
here: https://github.com/powerjg/gem5/tree/devel/simplefs

Jason