Hi all,

So I cross-compiled some parsec bechmarks, e.g. ferret. First I tried
putting them in the disk image that gem5 uses to boot, but that did not
work out (inodes were not readable or something, see my other mail thread).
Jason suggested then to use a second disk image and add it to the
simulation. In the simulation, mount the disk and proceed from there.

So I executed this approach, which works better, as I can execute the
commands for the benchmark. However, I get an error saying illegal
instruction on the line where parsecmngmt tries to execute the benchmark
itself:

The file command gives the following result:

> file pkgs/apps/ferret/inst/arm-linux.gcc-hooks/bin/ferret
> pkgs/apps/ferret/inst/arm-linux.gcc-hooks/bin/ferret: ELF 32-bit LSB
> executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32,
> not stripped

Which looks fine to me, as I want static 32 bit armv7 binaries to run on
gem5 ARMv7 simulations.
Any suggesting as to what mistake I could have made? Or could it be that
parsec has no support for armv7 on gem (some crucial instruction not
implemented? But this seems unlikely)

Best regards

Timon