From: gem5-users [gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org] on behalf of Yunxia Zhu
[emilia...@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 August 2018 12:44
To: gem5 users mailing list
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] Create Checkpoint

Hello Serhat Gesoglu,

I didn't get any error and I didn't get "checkpoint simulation" either. My
output is as same as the output when I simulate gem5 OS without script. And it
is attached below.

gem5 Simulator System.  http://gem5.org
gem5 is copyrighted software; use the --copyright option for details.

gem5 compiled Aug  8 2018 11:04:48
gem5 started Aug 28 2018 13:21:05
gem5 executing on zhu-Vostro-3560, pid 4114
command line: build/X86/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py
--script=configs/boot/hack_back_ckpt.rcS

Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
warn: DRAM device capacity (8192 Mbytes) does not match the address range
assigned (512 Mbytes)
info: kernel located at:
/home/zhu/gem5_FS_64/gem5/full_system_sample/x86-system/binaries/vmlinux
Listening for com_1 connection on port 3456
      0: rtc: Real-time clock set to Sun Jan  1 00:00:00 2012
0: system.remote_gdb: listening for remote gdb on port 7000
warn: Reading current count from inactive timer.
**** REAL SIMULATION ****
info: Entering event queue @ 0.  Starting simulation...
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: instruction 'fninit' unimplemented
warn: Don't know what interrupt to clear for console.
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
warn: Tried to clear PCI interrupt 14
warn: Write to unknown i8042 (keyboard controller) command port.
warn: instruction 'prefetch_nta' unimplemented
warn: instruction 'fwait' unimplemented

I don't know why it happens. Is it possible that it needs a lot of time to
create checkpoint? It has already run for one hour. Could you give me some
advice? Thank you

with best regards
Yunxia Zhu

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 11:53, Serhat Gesoglu