Hi

I am learning to use and want to do some modifications on gem5. I can make my
version work. But I am not sure whether its' results are right. It seems I
should use regression test to check it.

However, there is little information about how to perform a canonical
regression test. Only 1 question 1 in StackOverflow
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52279971/how-to-run-the-gem5-unit-tests).
And I cannot get the point of the official
website(http://gem5.org/Regression_Tests).

And I even don't know how to set paths for the example regression test with the
gem5 official python script (http://gem5.org/Regression_Tests). I have
SPEC2000, but I don't know how to get mcf and twolf defined in
config/common/cpu2000.py work. I think it is too horrible.

I am a beginner. I wonder if there are some test scripts to test correctness?
What do the gem5 developers use? Should I use the latest gem5-dev version to
obtain some reference statistics?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards

Zheng Liang