Dear all,

I am attempting a multi-threaded simulation in x86 ISA  in SE mode after
generating the binary by using m5threads library. When doing simulation
with o3 cpu (i.e., detailed/Derivo3CPU), i am confused as to how the
instructions are allocated to different cpu's (the statistics of which can
be viewed in the stat file as system.cpu0......, system.cpu1........ and
so on). I have two specific questions in this regard:
a) Even if i  have only 2 threads (cpu's) in my binary, i get statistics
for 3 cpu's (system.cpu0......, system.cpu1........ and system.cpu2.....).
My understanding is that cpu0 must be doing some system-related tasks while
the execution is done on the other 2 cores(cpu1 and cpu2). Is this
understanding correct? The only thing compulsory to my work is to use
shared memory by all threads(cpu's).
b) Furthermore, if i  have same number of  instructions in each of thread
in the binary,  after simulation, in the statistics file, number of
instructions simulated in each cpu (system.cpu1.... and system.cpu2.....)
are significantly different. For my work, i need to have a correspondence
between instructions present in the binary and the order of occurrence of
these instructions in the simulator.  I have read the facts on
http://gem5.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_run_multiprogram_workloads_on_M5.3F
, however, i am not getting clarity.

Any assistance would be greatly helpful.
Thank you so much....

*With Best Regards,*

*Binod Kumar*

*IIT Bombay*