Hi,

I'm using gem5 for simulation of cross-compiled RISC-V programs.

I receive the following error when using the DerivO3CPU model:
gem5.opt: build/RISCV/mem/request.hh:678: AtomicOpFunctor*
Request::getAtomicOpFunctor(): Assertion `atomicOpFunctor != NULL' failed.

I have used this command:
$GEM5/build/RISCV/gem5.opt --outdir=$OUTDIR \
    $GEM5/configs/example/se.py \
    --cpu-type=DerivO3CPU \
    --l1d_size=64kB \
    --l1i_size=16kB \
    --l2_size=1MB \
    --caches \
    --l2cache \
    --cmd=$BINARY --options="$OPTIONS"

If I fast-forward the beginning instructions of the program, I will receive
the exact same error at some point later.

Note that I have no issues with simulating this program with the
TimingSimpleCPU model.

I found this email (link
<https://www.mail-archive.com/gem5-users@gem5.org/msg15572.html>) in the
gem5 user emails archive, which says the O3 CPU model may have not been
tested with RISC-V. However I'd really appreciate any help to get around
this issue. I have started to work with gem5 for a few weeks, but I'm
willing to modify its code if necessary.

Thanks,
Hossein