I have found that gem5 behavior is sensitive to the execution environment.
I now run gem5 inside an ubuntu vm on qemu and have had much more
consistent results. I haven't tried running kvm gem5 inside a kvm qemu vm,
so not sure how that works, but might be worth trying.

Ryan

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 08:07 Shehab Elsayed <shehaby...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone is running into the same problem or if anyone
> has any suggestions on how to proceed with debugging this problem.
>
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 4:57 PM Shehab Elsayed <shehaby...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the spam. I just forgot to mention that the system
>> configuration I am using is mainly from
>> https://github.com/darchr/gem5/tree/jason/kvm-testing/configs/myconfigs.
>> <https://github.com/darchr/gem5/tree/jason/kvm-testing/configs/myconfigs>
>>

>> Shehab Y. Elsayed, MSc.
>> PhD Student
>> The Edwards S. Rogers Sr. Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
>> University of Toronto
>> E-mail: shehaby...@gmail.com
>> <https://webmail.rice.edu/imp/message.php?mailbox=INBOX&index=11#>
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 4:08 PM Shehab Elsayed <shehaby...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have set up a repo with gem5 that demonstrates the problem. The repo
>>> includes the latest version of gem5 from gem5's github repo with a few
>>> patches applied to get KVM working together with the kernel binary and disk
>>> image I am using. You can get the repo at
>>> https://github.com/ShehabElsayed/gem5_debug.git.
>>> <https://github.com/ShehabElsayed/gem5_debug.git>
>>>
>>> These steps should reproduce the problem:
>>> 1- scons build/X86/gem5.opt
>>> 2- ./scripts/get_fs_stuff.sh