From: Javed Osmany
Sent: 16 October 2019 07:15
To: gem5-users-requ...@gem5.org
Cc: Javed Osmany <javed.osm...@huawei.com>
Subject: FW: Running Dhrystone on GEM5

From: Javed Osmany
Sent: 15 October 2019 17:54
To: gem5-users-requ...@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users-requ...@gem5.org>
Cc: Javed Osmany <javed.osm...@huawei.com<mailto:javed.osm...@huawei.com>>
Subject: Running Dhrystone on GEM5

Hello

I have been running the dhrystone benchmark (ARM V7 architecture) on the ARM
ISA Gem5, using the simple.py configuration script found in
configs/learning_gem5/part1 (modified to point to the dhry32-static binary).

In simple.py, it states

system.clk_domain.clock = '1GHz' (== 1000 MHz)

When the benchmark is run on gem5, it states

Global Frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second (== 1 x 10^12)

QS: What is the [CPU, system] frequency being used in the simulation? What MHz
figure I should be using the calculate the DMIPS/MHz metric?

Best regards

J.Osmany