Hi all,

I'm excited to announce that we have a beta version of a re-designed
website at new.gem5.org! The old wiki has needed a refresh for a few years,
and we’re excited to finally have something to share with the community! We
hope the new site has better usability and makes it easier to find
information about gem5 and how to use it. If you have any questions or
comments, don’t hesitate to reach out by replying to this email.

We will leave this website at new.gem5.org for the next few weeks. Please
let us know if there’s any blocking issues before we turn off the old wiki
pages. Before fully transitioning, we will download a static copy of the
entire old website (including the old code reviews) and move this to
old.gem5.org for archival purposes (and in case we missed anything!).

I'd like to thank all of those that have contributed so far. Specifically:
Jingwen Low who designed the site
Ali Saidi who kicked this off by converting the wiki to markdown almost two
years ago
Bobby Bruce who has put it a ton of time moving documentation
And Jared Barosci, Hoa Nguyen, Krithiga Murugavel, Ayaz Akram, Trivikram
Reddy, Marjan Fariborz, Mahyar Samani, Julian Toya Angeles, and Muhammet
Soytürk who have helped move documentation from the old wiki to the new
site.
See https://github.com/gem5/new-website/graphs/contributors for details

Details on the current status of the migration can be found on Jira (
https://gem5.atlassian.net/browse/GEM5-110). We also have a specific issue
for migrating the old documentation to the new site (
https://gem5.atlassian.net/browse/GEM5-115). We’ve already moved most of
the documentation, but there are still a few pages that we could use your
help with!

There will be some rough edges as we transition. Some links may be broken,
and it’s possible we missed pages that should be migrated. If you find any
issues, please let us know via the mailing list or by opening an issue on
Jira.

The website is currently hosted on GitHub pages. If you’d like to
contribute, feel free to create a pull request on the source repository (
https://github.com/gem5/new-website).

Cheers,
Jason