Hi!

I am trying to profile code in detail running on a MinorCPU in SE mode. I'd
like to add profiling instructions into my code, whose execution shouldn't
affect the timing and the code should take the same time to run as it would
without those instructions. At minimum, the profiling instruction should
print the current Tick, memObject name and a word of data that I pass use
as an argument to call it with. Right now, I'm approximating this by doing
a store to a special address that causes the minorCPU to throw the desired
print. However, this method is not 0-overhead. Does anyone have better
suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Subhankar Pal  |  PhD Candidate, CSE  |  University of Michigan