Thank you very much for your reply and explanation, Tiago!

Wouldn't it be more generic to add the latencies at the time of performing
the access in the cache itself instead of having it in the controllers
since any cache access should incur access latency? I am not sure how easy
that would be though given the way ruby works right now. I don't know the
exact details of ruby operation but I took a quick look and noticed that
getEntry(...) can be called multiple times for the same request which, I
guess, makes my suggestion more difficult to add.