Hi,

I am trying to find a component that receives a virtual address and returns
the corresponding physical address (converted using pagetable_walker) in x86.

vtophys() in arch/x86/vtophys.cc does exactly what I'm looking for, but the
thing
is that this function seems to be never called by anyone as far as I
investigated.
I inserted debug print or even exit(1) right after the local variable
declarations of
vtophys(), but both of them did nothing (the simulation finishes just as usual).

My questions are:
1. Is vtophys() in arch/x86/vtophys.cc not used?
2. If it's not used, who receives a virtual address and invokes the
pagetable_walker to translate it?

Best regards,

Soramichi