Does anyone know if there exists a generic DMA engine that allows automated
transfer of data from one memory range to another?

In dma_device.hh, there's DmaDevice, which looks like it provides a foundation,
and there's DmaReadFifo which provides a good example, but stores the data
internally in a fifo, rather than writing it out.

Before I go writing a class for what I assume would be a commonly used device,
I just want to check that it doesn't already exist.

Thanks,
Patrick