Hi all,
I have some questions related to TLB implementation in gem5. Gem5 seems to
have implemented separate TLB for instruction and data paths, but I see
that it has only one level. Real systems seems to have 2 levels of TLB,
which I think is missing in gem5. Also, I see that TLB is not set
associative as it is implemented in a trie and I assume that it is fully
associative. But real processors like skylake have set associative TLB
caches (
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/microarchitectures/skylake_(client)) I
see that the TLB implementation is very simple and I am wondering if there
are any special reasons for keeping TLBs so simple.
Thank you in advance.
--
Regards,
Krishnan.