Hello Monica, Aravind, and Ipshita

Currently the script in configs/common/MemConfig.py does not work with
DRAMSim3 models. You can create a DRAMSim3 controller using the following
piece of code (ini_path should point the ini file for the DRAMSim3 model
you would like to use):
class DS3MemCtrl(DRAMsim3):
                def __init__(self, ini_path):
                    super(DS3MemCtrl, self).__init__()
                    self.configFile = ini_path
You can find all these ini files in the ext/dramsim3/DRAMsim3/configs/

Also, I will add support for DRAMSim3 models in MemConfig.py soon. Please
let me know if you have any questions and if I could be of further
assistance.

Best Regards,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 1:57 PM Kodali, Monica Bhargavi via gem5-users <
gem5-users@gem5.org> wrote:

> Dear gem5 support community,
> Our team is trying to integrate DRAMsim3 with the latest version of Gem5 (
> https://github.com/gem5/gem5). We were able to successfully build Gem5
> with DRAMsim3 by following the steps in the README file under ext/dramsim3,
> but on executing any test script (such as se.py or low_power_sweep.py) with
> the option --mem-type=DRAMsim3, we get the following error -
>

> *Traceback (most recent call last):*
> *  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>*
> *  File "build/ARM/python/m5/main.py", line 457, in main*
> *    exec(filecode, scope)*
> *  File "configs/example/se.py", line 275, in <module>*
> *    MemConfig.config_mem(options, system)*
> * File
> "/home/UFAD/ipshita.aggarwal/packages/gem5/configs/common/MemConfig.py",
> line 257, in config_mem*
> *    mem_ctrl.dram = dram_intf*
> *  File "build/ARM/python/m5/SimObject.py", line 1337, in __setattr__*
> *    hr_value = value*
> *  File "build/ARM/python/m5/params.py", line 215, in convert*
> *    if isNullPointer(value) and isSimObjectClass(self.ptype):*
> *TypeError: __init__() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given*
> *Error setting param MemCtrl.dram to <orphan DRAMsim3>*
>

> Could you point us to any resources or provide directions on how the
> DRAMsim3 memory option can be used with the latest version of Gem5 such
> that any ini file configured in src/mem/DRAMsim3.py is picked when the
> option --mem-type=DRAMsim3 is used.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Monica Bhargavi Kodali.
> Aravind Neelakantan.
> Ipshita Aggarwal.

Mahyar Samani (he/him/his)
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Research Assistant at *DArchR <https://arch.cs.ucdavis.edu/> (*2235 Kemper
Hall)
Secretary
ECE-GSA