Hi,

I am running gem5 with the Gpu model and I am running a Cpu and Gpu
benchmarks simultaneously.

for GPU: 2D Convolution from polybench-gpu.
I have 1+1 Cpus to handle the Gpu's thread launches. Apparently the ROCM
runtime launches an extra thread, so an extra thread is needed (Credit:
Matt Sinclair).
for CPU: running parsec.raytrace (with pthreads and m5thread linked) with 2
threads so I have 2+1 cpus for the CPU benchmark.
My apu_se.py is set up as follows:
pid_cnt = 100
cpu_list[0].workload = Process(executable = executable, cmd = [options.cmd]
                + options.options.split(), drivers = [gpu_driver], env =
env, pid=pid_cnt)
cpu_list[0].createThreads()

cpu_list[1].workload = cpu_list[0].workload
cpu_list[1].createThreads()

pid_cnt = 101
process = Process(executable = options.cpu_bench_bin, cmd =
[options.cpu_bench_bin]
            + options.cpu_benchmark_args.split(), env = env, pid=pid_cnt)

cpu_list[2].workload = process
cpu_list[2].createThreads()
cpu_list[3].workload = process
cpu_list[3].createThreads()
cpu_list[4].workload = process
cpu_list[4].createThreads()

But, when I look at the generated stats, I can see that Cpu instructions
are committed (non-zero), but Gpu insts committed are 0.
By running 2D Convolution by itself (1+1 cpus) and a trivial cpu benchmark
with no threads, I can see non-zero Gpu insts committed.
What could be the reason for this ?

Thank You,
John Smith