I am looking to collaborate with someone on a gem5 project for fun. I
haven't a particular project in mind, I was thinking to just pick out a
paper and try to implement it. I am looking for a low-stress way to learn a
thing or two about computer architecture research. Please let me know if
you are interested as well.

I've only ever done two projects in gem5, one concerning cache coherence
and another concerning hardware prefetching into the L2 cache. I am looking
to one day be able to contribute to gem5.

I hope this is fine to ask on this mailing list.